Bear General Any Weapon Season
5/23/2014 - 7/31/2014
- Black Bear (Ursus americanus)
- Either-sex Black Bear
- No female black bear accompanied by young may be taken.
- Dog Training
- Dogs may be used for training purposes ONLY.
- Motorized Hunting Rule (MHR): Motorized vehicle use by all big game hunters is restricted to established roadways legally open to travel by full-sized automobiles. The motorized hunting rule applies only to big game animals, including moose, bighorn sheep and mountain goats, in designated units from August 30 through December 31. Learn more about the Motorized hunting Rule at idfg.idaho.gov/hunt/access/motorized-vehicles
- Bait Prohibited.
- Unit 32
- All of Unit 32. Area Size: 922,508 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Bear Tag $11.50 2014
- Jr./Sr./DAV Bear Tag $6.75 2014
- Hound Hunter Permit* $12.75 2014
- Bear Bait Permit* $12.75 2014
NonResident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Junior Mentored Bear Tag $23.75 2014
- Adult Bear Tag $186.00 2014
- Bear Bait Permit* $31.75 2014
- Hound Hunter Permit* $169.75 2014
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 22.59%|
|State of Idaho 5.1%|
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 0.91%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 0.24%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
- Van Deusen Ranch - Willow Ridge
- Osborn Ranch - Indian Valley
- Mink - East Pine, Advent Gulch, Weiser River
- Paddock Valley Reservoir
- A L Cattle - Dodson Pass
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
|Rangeland 84.37 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 9.33 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 3.3 %|
|Forest 1.51 %|
|Urban 0.68 %|
|Water 0.48 %|
|Dryland Agriculture 0.26 %|
|Riparian 0.07 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources