Bear General Any Weapon Season
Black Bear Tag Unlimited Tags
6/16/2014 - 7/31/2014
- American Black Bear (Ursus americanus)
- Either-sex Black Bear
- No female black bear accompanied by young may be taken.
- Dog Training
- Dogs may be used for training purposes ONLY.
No special restrictions.
- Unit 44
- All of Unit 44. Area Size: 353,397 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Bear Tag $11.50 2014
- Jr./Sr./DAV Bear Tag $6.75 2014
- Hound Hunter Permit* $12.75 2014
- Bear Bait Permit* $12.75 2014
NonResident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Junior Mentored Bear Tag $23.75 2014
- Adult Bear Tag $186.00 2014
- Bear Bait Permit* $31.75 2014
- Hound Hunter Permit* $169.75 2014
Landscape Characteristics and Access
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 36.68%|
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 9.48%|
|State of Idaho 4.74%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 0.59%|
Access Yes! Properties
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
|Rangeland 77.88 %|
|Dryland Agriculture 17.68 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 1.36 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 1.33 %|
|Forest 0.94 %|
|Water 0.8 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources