Wolf General Any Weapon Season
8/30/2013 - 3/31/2014
- Gray Wolf (Canis lupus)
- Either-sex Wolf
- Either sex may be taken.
- Any Weapon
- Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, or Handgun.
No harvest limit in this zone.
- Panhandle Zone
- All of Units 1, 2, 3, 4, 4A, 5, 6, 7 and 9. Area Size: 4,978,872 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Wolf Tag $11.50 2014
- Adult Wolf Tag $11.50 2013
NonResident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Wolf Tag $31.75 2014
- Adult Wolf Tag $31.75 2013
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 47.72%|
|State of Idaho 8.7%|
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 1.92%|
|Indian Reservation / Bureau of Indian Affairs 1.27%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
- Mica Creek Drainage on St. Joe River
- Hugas Creek & St. Joe River Basin
- Trout Creek Drainage (St. Joe)
- John Creek Drainage
- Trout Creek Drainage (Pack River)
- Caribou Creek Drainage
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
- Clearwater National Forest
- Coeur d'Alene National Forest
- Kaniksu National Forest
- Kootenai National Forest
- St. Joe National Forest
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
|Forest 75.84 %|
|Dryland Agriculture 14.95 %|
|Rangeland 4.51 %|
|Water 3.04 %|
|Urban 0.85 %|
|Riparian 0.78 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources