Wolf General Any Weapon Season
McCall - Weiser Zone
11/15/2013 - 3/15/2014
- Gray Wolf (Canis lupus)
- Either-sex Wolf
- No female black bear accompanied by young may be taken.
- Open to Trapping, Closed to Hunting.
Trapping season open in Units 19A and 25 ONLY. Open in Unit 22 on Private Land ONLY
- McCall - Weiser Zone
- All of Units 19A, 22, 23, 24, 25, 31, 32 and 32A. Area Size: 4,145,506 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Wolf Tag $11.50 2014
- Adult Wolf Tag $11.50 2013
NonResident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Wolf Tag $31.75 2014
- Adult Wolf Tag $31.75 2013
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 48.38%|
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 9.99%|
|State of Idaho 5.53%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 0.32%|
|U.S. National Wildlife Refuge (NWR) 0%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
No properties are currently available in this hunt area.
View all Access Yes Participants.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
- Boise National Forest
- Nezperce National Forest
- Payette National Forest
- Salmon-Challis National Forest
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
- Frank Church - River of No Return Wilderness 54,731 acres (1.32% of hunt area)
- Hells Canyon Wilderness 29,846 acres (0.72% of hunt area)
Land Use/Land Cover
|Forest 57.27 %|
|Rangeland 34.75 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 5.68 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 0.98 %|
|Water 0.62 %|
|Riparian 0.45 %|
|Urban 0.18 %|
|Dryland Agriculture 0.07 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources