Lion General Any Weapon Season
8/30/2013 - 3/31/2014
- Mountain Lion, Cougar, or Puma (Puma concolor)
- Either-sex Mountain Lion
- Neither spotted mountain lion young nor female mountain lions accompanied by young may be taken.
- Any Weapon
- Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, or Handgun.
- Dogs Prohibited.
Grizzlies may be found in all or parts of this area. Be prepared. Hunting in grizzly bear country can be very safe and rewarding. Visit our Grizzly Bear Page to learn more.
Dogs prohibited Oct. 1 - Nov. 30
- Unit 62A
- All of Unit 62A. Area Size: 155,778 acres
General Season Harvest Statistics
* In 2000 hunter information not collected.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Mountain Lion Tag $11.50 2014
- Adult Mountain Lion Tag $11.50 2013
- Hound Hunter Permit* $12.75 2014
- Hound Hunter Permit* $12.75 2013
NonResident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Mountain Lion Tag $186.00 2014
- Adult Mountain Lion Tag $186.00 2013
- Hound Hunter Permit* $169.75 2014
- Hound Hunter Permit* $169.75 2013
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 86.05%|
|State of Idaho 3.91%|
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 0.29%|
|U.S. National Park Service (NPS) 0%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
No properties are currently available in this hunt area.
View all Access Yes Participants.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
|Forest 90.71 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 3.98 %|
|Rangeland 2.79 %|
|Riparian 1.91 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 0.62 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources