Furbearer General Any Weapon Season
Upper Snake Furbearer Region
7/1/2013 - 6/30/2014
- Red Fox (Vulpes vulpes)
- Either-sex Red Fox
- Either sex may be taken.
- Any Weapon or Trap
- Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, Handgun or Trap.
- YOUTH HUNT: ONLY hunters 12-17 years of age with a valid license and tag may participate in this hunt.
- Motorized Hunting Rule (MHR): Motorized vehicle use by all big game hunters is restricted to established roadways legally open to travel by full-sized automobiles. The motorized hunting rule applies only to big game animals, including moose, bighorn sheep and mountain goats, in designated units from August 30 through December 31. Learn more about the Motorized hunting Rule at idfg.idaho.gov/hunt/access/motorized-vehicles
- Upper Snake Furbearer Region
- Bonneville, Butte, Clark, Fremont, Jefferson, Madison and Teton Counties. Area Size: 6,288,252 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
No resident tags are necessary.
No non-resident tags are necessary.
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 28.04%|
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 20.93%|
|U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) 7.9%|
|State of Idaho 5.06%|
|U.S. National Park Service (NPS) 2.47%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 0.64%|
|U.S. Corps of Engineers (COE) 0.1%|
|Indian Reservation / Bureau of Indian Affairs 0.03%|
|U.S. National Wildlife Refuge (NWR) 0.02%|
|U.S. Military 0.02%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
- East of Ririe Reservoir/Meadow Creek Junction
- Bulls Fork Ranch
- Bonneville County, Just south of Tex Creek WMA Between Bulls Fork and Willow Creek.
- Pine Creek Bench
- Sundown Ranch
- North Teton River
- Kilgore Area
- Dan Creek-Jumpoff Hill
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
- Craters of the Moon National Wilderness Area 30,588 acres (0.49% of hunt area)
Land Use/Land Cover
|Rangeland 44.54 %|
|Forest 24.94 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 9.88 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 7.7 %|
|Dryland Agriculture 7.47 %|
|Rock 2.59 %|
|Riparian 2.09 %|
|Water 0.48 %|
|Urban 0.28 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources