Furbearer General Any Weapon Season
12/14/2013 - 2/16/2014
- Bobcat (Lynx rufus)
- Either-sex Bobcat
- Either sex may be taken.
- Any Weapon or Trap
- Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, Handgun or Trap.
- YOUTH HUNT: ONLY hunters 12-17 years of age with a valid license and tag may participate in this hunt.
- Southeast Furbearer Region
- Bannock, Bear Lake, Bingham, Caribou, Franklin, Oneida and Power Counties. Area Size: 6,033,012 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
No resident tags are necessary.
No non-resident tags are necessary.
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 16.16%|
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 15.01%|
|Indian Reservation / Bureau of Indian Affairs 9.28%|
|State of Idaho 6.36%|
|U.S. Department of Interior (DOI) 1.08%|
|U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) 1.08%|
|U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) 0.73%|
|U.S. National Park Service (NPS) 0.59%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 0.29%|
|U.S. National Wildlife Refuge (NWR) 0.29%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
- American Falls - Sunbeam Area
- Hillhouse Canyon
- Rockland Valley - West
- Black Canyon
- Dry Valley
- Wolverine Canyon South Property
- Arbon - North Valley
- Arbon - Southeast Bench and Central Farm Ground
- Marsh Valley
- Wolverine Canyon - East
- McNabb Canyon
- Inkom - East Bench
- Pocatello - 2 and 1/2 Mile Road
- Arbon - Southwest Bench
- Cliff Canyon
- Fox Hills Ranch
- Portneuf River
- Thomas Fork
- Arbon - East Bench
- Rockland Valley - Hartley Canyon
- Swan Lake
- Rockland Valley - Flint Canyon
- Arbon - South Valley
- Back Downata
- Steve Deeg Farms
- Lazy "R" Ranch
- Ninety Percent Canyon
- Dan Creek-Jumpoff Hill
- Windy Wheat, LLC
- Paul Schmidt
- Blackfoot River/Reservoir
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
|Rangeland 39.19 %|
|Dryland Agriculture 19.45 %|
|Forest 17.46 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 13.25 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 5.67 %|
|Water 1.73 %|
|Rock 1.27 %|
|Riparian 1.15 %|
|Urban 0.81 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources