Furbearer General Any Weapon Season
Southwest Furbearer Region
11/1/2012 - 3/31/2013
- Common Muskrat (Ondatra zibethicus)
- Either-sex Muskrat
- Either sex may be taken.
- Open to Trapping, Closed to Hunting.
No special restrictions.
- Southwest Furbearer Region
- Ada, Adams, Boise, Canyon, Elmore, Gem, Owyhee, Payette, Valley and Washington Counties. Area Size: 14,028,928 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
No resident tags are necessary.
No non-resident tags are necessary.
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 36%|
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 30.81%|
|State of Idaho 5.66%|
|Indian Reservation / Bureau of Indian Affairs 1.04%|
|U.S. Military 0.9%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 0.74%|
|U.S. National Wildlife Refuge (NWR) 0.01%|
|U.S. Corps of Engineers (COE) 0%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
- Highland Land and Livestock Boise River WMA
- Janss Farms
- Diamond A Livestock - Little Pilgrim Gulch
- Diamond A Livestock
- Hammett Livestock
- Faulkner Land & Livestock
- Erskine-Boise River Dixie
- Van Deusen Ranch - Willow Ridge
- Osborn Ranch - Six Mile Cr
- Osborn Ranch - New Meadows
- Osborn Ranch - Indian Valley
- Mink - East Pine, Advent Gulch, Weiser River
- Payne Family Grazing- Pleasant Valley and Thomas Creek
- Paddock Valley Reservoir
- A L Cattle - Dodson Pass
- A L Cattle - Shirts Creek
- Big Foot Bar Boat Ramp -Snake River
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
- Boise National Forest
- Payette National Forest
- Sawtooth National Forest
- Salmon-Challis National Forest
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
- Frank Church - River of No Return Wilderness 732,069 acres (5.22% of hunt area)
- Owyhee River Wilderness 272,397 acres (1.94% of hunt area)
- Sawtooth Wilderness 149,714 acres (1.07% of hunt area)
- Bruneau-Jarbridge Rivers Wilderness 94,853 acres (0.68% of hunt area)
- Big Jacks Creek Wilderness 56,546 acres (0.4% of hunt area)
- Little Jacks Creek Wilderness 54,935 acres (0.39% of hunt area)
- North Fork Owyhee Wilderness 44,684 acres (0.32% of hunt area)
- Hells Canyon Wilderness 22,738 acres (0.16% of hunt area)
- Pole Creek Wilderness 13,405 acres (0.1% of hunt area)
Land Use/Land Cover
|Rangeland 52.62 %|
|Forest 35.8 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 6.04 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 2.23 %|
|Riparian 1.8 %|
|Urban 0.68 %|
|Dryland Agriculture 0.42 %|
|Water 0.39 %|
|Rock 0.02 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources