Furbearer General Any Weapon Season
11/1/2012 - 3/31/2013
- American Mink (Vison vison)
- Either-sex Mink
- Either sex may be taken.
- Open to Trapping, Closed to Hunting.
Gooding County: Hagerman WMA, Jan 15-Feb 28.
- Magic Valley Furbearer Region
- Blaine, Camas, Cassia, Gooding, Jerome, Lincoln, Minidoka and Twin Falls Counties. Area Size: 7,383,020 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
No resident tags are necessary.
No non-resident tags are necessary.
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 38.24%|
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 17.42%|
|U.S. National Park Service (NPS) 4.33%|
|State of Idaho 3.11%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 0.44%|
|U.S. Department of Interior (DOI) 0.09%|
|U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) 0.06%|
|U.S. National Wildlife Refuge (NWR) 0.03%|
|U.S. Military 0.01%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
- Arimo Corp.
- Janss Farms
- Wood River Land Trust - Draper Wood River Preserve
- Wood River Land Trust - Porcupine Creek Preserve
- Wood River Land Trust - Cowcatcher Ridge
- Rock Creek
- Fish Creek Angus
- Guerry, Inc.
- Pat and Debra Woodworth
- Wood River Land Trust - Rock Creek
- Weatherly Property
- Tom Billington
- Diamond A Livestock
- Colorado Gulch Preserve
- Flat Top Sheep Co.
- Muldoon Grazing Assoc.
- Lava Lake Land & Livestock
- Dry Creek Cattle Assn.
- Windy Wheat, LLC
- Faulkner Land & Livestock
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
- Hemingway-Boulders Wilderness 25,948 acres (0.35% of hunt area)
- Sawtooth Wilderness 13,425 acres (0.18% of hunt area)
- Craters of the Moon National Wilderness Area 12,385 acres (0.17% of hunt area)
Land Use/Land Cover
|Rangeland 58.62 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 13.24 %|
|Forest 9.94 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 7.8 %|
|Rock 4.3 %|
|Dryland Agriculture 3.8 %|
|Urban 1.06 %|
|Riparian 0.99 %|
|Water 0.23 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources