Furbearer General Any Weapon Season
Salmon Furbearer Region
10/22/2012 - 4/15/2013
- American Mink (Vison vison)
- Either-sex Mink
- Either sex may be taken.
- Open to Trapping, Closed to Hunting.
No special restrictions.
- Salmon Furbearer Region
- Custer and Lemhi Counties. Area Size: 6,081,652 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
No resident tags are necessary.
No non-resident tags are necessary.
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 68.73%|
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 22.65%|
|State of Idaho 1.52%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
- Boise National Forest
- Sawtooth National Forest
- Targhee National Forest
- Salmon-Challis National Forest
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
- Frank Church - River of No Return Wilderness 795,609 acres (13.08% of hunt area)
- Jim McClure-Jerry Peak Wilderness 94,876 acres (1.56% of hunt area)
- White Clouds Wilderness 90,253 acres (1.48% of hunt area)
- Sawtooth Wilderness 54,452 acres (0.9% of hunt area)
- Hemingway-Boulders Wilderness 41,996 acres (0.69% of hunt area)
Land Use/Land Cover
|Forest 53.93 %|
|Rangeland 39.77 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 2.91 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 2.47 %|
|Riparian 0.52 %|
|Urban 0.29 %|
|Water 0.05 %|
|Dryland Agriculture 0.04 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources