Elk General A Tag Season
8/1/2012 - 12/31/2012
- Elk (Cervus canadensis)
- Either-sex Elk
- Either sex may be taken.
- Archery, Muzzleloader, or Shotgun ONLY.
- Motorized Hunting Rule (MHR): Motorized vehicle use by all big game hunters is restricted to established roadways legally open to travel by full-sized automobiles. The motorized hunting rule applies only to big game animals, including moose, bighorn sheep and mountain goats, in designated units from August 30 through December 31. Learn more about the Motorized hunting Rule at idfg.idaho.gov/hunt/access/motorized-vehicles
- Unit 53
- All of Unit 53. Area Size: 1,176,420 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Elk Tag $30.75 2012
- Jr./Sr./DAV Elk Tag $16.50 2012
NonResident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Junior Mentored Elk Tag $39.75 2012
- Adult Elk Tag $416.75 2012
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 28.65%|
|State of Idaho 3.32%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 2.7%|
|U.S. National Wildlife Refuge (NWR) 0.21%|
|U.S. National Park Service (NPS) 0.01%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
No properties are currently available in this hunt area.
View all Access Yes Participants.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
No National Forest lands overlap this hunt area.
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
|Rangeland 37.86 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 34.08 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 23.36 %|
|Riparian 1.79 %|
|Urban 1.26 %|
|Water 0.85 %|
|Dryland Agriculture 0.7 %|
|Forest 0.1 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources