Furbearer General Any Weapon Season
Clearwater Furbearer Region
11/1/2011 - 1/31/2012
- American Marten (Martes americana)
- Either-sex American Marten
- Either sex may be taken.
- Open to Trapping, Closed to Hunting.
No special restrictions.
- Clearwater Furbearer Region
- Clearwater, Idaho, Latah, Lewis and Nez Perce Counties. Area Size: 8,575,609 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
No resident tags are necessary.
No non-resident tags are necessary.
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 62.23%|
|State of Idaho 5.17%|
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 1.46%|
|Indian Reservation / Bureau of Indian Affairs 1.35%|
|U.S. Corps of Engineers (COE) 0.23%|
|U.S. National Wildlife Refuge (NWR) 0%|
|U.S. National Park Service (NPS) 0%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
- Bitterroot National Forest
- Clearwater National Forest
- Nezperce National Forest
- Payette National Forest
- St. Joe National Forest
- Salmon-Challis National Forest
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
- Selway Bitterroot Wilderness 1,092,215 acres (12.74% of hunt area)
- Frank Church - River of No Return Wilderness 830,320 acres (9.68% of hunt area)
- Gospel Hump Wilderness 205,589 acres (2.4% of hunt area)
- Hells Canyon Wilderness 63,641 acres (0.74% of hunt area)
Land Use/Land Cover
|Forest 70.81 %|
|Dryland Agriculture 19.1 %|
|Rangeland 9.62 %|
|Water 0.24 %|
|Urban 0.14 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 0.07 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources