Furbearer General Any Weapon Season
Southwest Furbearer Region
11/1/2011 - 3/31/2012
- American Beaver (Castor canadensis)
- Either-sex American Beaver
- Either sex may be taken.
- Open to Trapping, Closed to Hunting.
Ada & Boise Counties: The Boise River WMA: CLOSED.
Elmore County: All public lands within the following drainages: Bear Cr. (trib. to Feather R.), Case Cr., Fall Cr. upstream from and including Meadow Cr., Clover Cr., King Hill Cr., Lake Cr. (trib. To Fall Cr) but flows into Anderson Ranch Reservoir, Wilson Cr., Little Wilson Cr., and Elk Cr. On Wilson Flat north of Anderson Ranch Dam, Lime Cr., Smith Cr. upstream from Washboard Cr., Syrup Cr., Trinity Cr., Willow Cr. in the Danskin Mts. (trib. of S. Fk. Boise R.), and Wood Cr. (trib. of S. Fk. Boise R.), AND EXCEPT all lands within the Boise River WMA: CLOSED.
Gem County: Within the following drainages: Big Cr. upstream from Monumental Cr., Johnson Cr. upstream from Landmark, S. Fk. Salmon R. upstream from the fish trap near the mouth of Cabin Cr., Bear Valley Cr., and Sulpher Cr.: CLOSED.
Washington County: Raft Creek, Dennett Creek, Wolf Creek, Trail Creek, Sumack Creek, Thorn Creek, and Rock Creek on the Rocking M Ranch Conservation easement in Unit 31: CLOSED.
- Southwest Furbearer Region
- Ada, Adams, Boise, Canyon, Elmore, Gem, Owyhee, Payette, Valley and Washington Counties. Area Size: 14,028,928 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
No resident tags are necessary.
No non-resident tags are necessary.
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 36%|
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 30.81%|
|State of Idaho 5.66%|
|Indian Reservation / Bureau of Indian Affairs 1.04%|
|U.S. Military 0.9%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 0.74%|
|U.S. National Wildlife Refuge (NWR) 0.01%|
|U.S. Corps of Engineers (COE) 0%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
- Boise National Forest
- Payette National Forest
- Sawtooth National Forest
- Salmon-Challis National Forest
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
- Frank Church - River of No Return Wilderness 732,069 acres (5.22% of hunt area)
- Owyhee River Wilderness 272,397 acres (1.94% of hunt area)
- Sawtooth Wilderness 149,714 acres (1.07% of hunt area)
- Bruneau-Jarbridge Rivers Wilderness 94,853 acres (0.68% of hunt area)
- Big Jacks Creek Wilderness 56,546 acres (0.4% of hunt area)
- Little Jacks Creek Wilderness 54,935 acres (0.39% of hunt area)
- North Fork Owyhee Wilderness 44,684 acres (0.32% of hunt area)
- Hells Canyon Wilderness 22,738 acres (0.16% of hunt area)
- Pole Creek Wilderness 13,405 acres (0.1% of hunt area)
Land Use/Land Cover
|Rangeland 52.62 %|
|Forest 35.8 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 6.04 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 2.23 %|
|Riparian 1.8 %|
|Urban 0.68 %|
|Dryland Agriculture 0.42 %|
|Water 0.39 %|
|Rock 0.02 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources