Deer Controlled Hunt Landowner Permission Required Extra Antlerless Season
Controlled Hunt 1105 - Hunt Area 55X
8/15/2011 - 9/30/2011
- Antlerless Mule and White-tailed Deer
- Only deer without antlers or with antlers shorter than 3 inches may be taken in any season which is open for antlerless deer only.
- Any Weapon
- Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, or Handgun.
- Limited access
- Only a portion of this Area is OPEN to hunt, see note for details.
- Landowner Permission Hunt. Written permission from landowner who owns more than 159 acres in the hunt area is required to apply for this hunt. Landowner Permission Hunt Permits will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis at the Nampa, McCall and headquarters IDFG offices starting July 15. Do not apply for this hunt during the controlled hunt application period.
- Hunt Area 55X
- All of Unit 55. Most of the City of Rocks National Reserve is open to hunting. Information about hunting within the Reserve is available to permittees at IDFG offices or at the National Park Service office in Almo. Area Size: 648,769 acres
Controlled Hunt Harvest Statistics
* In 2000 hunter information not collected.
Tags, Permits & Fees
No resident tags are necessary.
No non-resident tags are necessary.
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 34.93%|
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 11.61%|
|State of Idaho 4.56%|
|U.S. National Park Service (NPS) 1.25%|
Make your own map of Controlled Hunt 1105 - Hunt Area 55X
Land management via Inside Idaho
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
|Rangeland 54.76 %|
|Forest 16.9 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 13.94 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 11.32 %|
|Dryland Agriculture 1.59 %|
|Urban 1.46 %|
|Riparian 0 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources