Deer General Any Weapon Season
Portion of Unit 41
10/10/2011 - 11/24/2011
- Antlerless Mule and White-tailed Deer
- Only deer without antlers or with antlers shorter than 3 inches may be taken in any season which is open for antlerless deer only.
- Any Weapon
- Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, or Handgun.
- Very limited access due to few roads, and private property. Only a portion of the unit is open to hunting
- YOUTH HUNT: ONLY hunters 12-17 years of age with a valid license and tag may participate in this hunt.
- Short-range Weapons ONLY in a portion of this hunt, see note for details.
Short-range weapons only on C.J. Strike and Chester Wetlands Wildlife Management Areas.
- Portion of Unit 41
- That portion of Unit 41 which falls inside the following boundary: Starting at the Oregon border on the Snake River then upstream to the C.J. Strike Dam Road then south on the C. J. Strike Dam Road to Highway 78 at Rim Rock High School, then east on Highway 78 to Highway 51, then south on Highway 51 to the Shoofly Cutoff Road, including the cultivated lands that lie within 2.5 miles south of the Shoofly Cutoff Road and 3.5 miles west of High 51, then west on the Shoofly Cut-off Road to the Mudflat Road, then north on the Mudflat Road to Highway 78 , continue west on Highway 78 to the powerline that crosses the Snake River at Noble Island approximately 3 miles south of the Walter’s Ferry Bridge at the 22.5 mile marker, then west along the powerline to the Oregon border, then north along the Oregon border to the Snake River, the point of beginning; AND on cultivated fields in that portion of Unit 40 no more than five miles south or west of Highway 78. Area Size: 58,519 acres
General Season Harvest Statistics
* In 2000 hunter information not collected.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Deer Tag $19.75 2011
- Jr./Sr./DAV Deer Tag $10.75 2011
NonResident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Junior Mentored Deer Tag $23.75 2011
- Adult Deer Tag $301.75 2011
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 36.03%|
|State of Idaho 1.9%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
No properties are currently available in this hunt area.
View all Access Yes Participants.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
No National Forest lands overlap this hunt area.
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 37.82 %|
|Rangeland 37.55 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 23.7 %|
|Dryland Agriculture 0.93 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources