We have not yet begun the big game season setting process. Stay tuned. These seasons likely won't be available until after March, 2017
Including Controlled Hunts for Deer, Elk, Pronghorn and Black Bear
- Intro Information — Table of Contents, Getting Started / What's New, Key Dates – Pages 1-7 [PDF, 1.4 MB]
- Deer General Seasons – Pages 8-18 [PDF, 1.1 MB]
- Deer Controlled Hunt Seasons – Pages 19-31 [PDF, 716 KB]
- Elk General Zone Seasons – Pages 32-45 [PDF, 511 KB]
- Elk Controlled Hunt Seasons – Pages 46-60 [PDF, 468 KB]
- Pronghorn Controlled Hunts – Pages 61-64 [PDF, 318 KB]
- Black Bear Seasons – Pages 65-71 [PDF, 578 KB]
- Mountain Lion Seasons – Pages 72-75 [PDF, 530 KB]
- Gray Wolf Seasons – Pages 76-81 [PDF, 577 KB]
- Unit Map and Unit Boundary Descriptions — Bighorn Sheep Raffle – Pages 82-94 [PDF, 1.4 MB]
- General Wildlife Laws — Trespass, Weapons, Hound Hunting, Proxy Statement, Trails, ATV's, Right of Way – Pages 95-105 [PDF, 1.1 MB]
- Controlled and Special Hunt Information — Application Worksheet, Depredation and Permit Information, Map Order Form – Pages 106-111 [PDF, 1.5 MB]
- License, Tag and Permit Fees – Pages 112-116 [PDF, 538 KB]
- 1st controlled hunt application period May 1 - June 5.
- Successful 1st draw applicants will be notified by July 10.
- 2nd controlled hunt application period August 5-15.
- Leftover tags from the 2nd drawing go on sale August 25.
Online rules brochures are created in PDF file format. They are produced to keep the online display as close as possible to the printed version.
Printed copies of the rules brochure can be picked up, without charge, at local license vendors or by calling 208-334-3700 to receive a copy by mail.
To view Idaho Fish and Game administrative rules and code, visit the Office of Administrative Rules on the Idaho Department of Administration website.
To advertise in future Idaho Fish and Game rules brochures, call: Rotary Offset Press: 1-253-216-1256.
See the Hunter Orange Policy. — [PDF, 16 kb]
Marijuana on Public Lands - What You Should Know