Cabinet Gorge Hatchery:
-A project to repair 14 of the 64 outside concrete raceways (concrete repair) is scheduled for summer 2018.
Gene Day Pond Phase 2:
-A project to complete the fishing pond in Osburn has been bid and awarded. The project has been started. Construction has been shut down for winter. Construction will resume in spring and be completed by June, 2018.
CDA WMA Bunkhouse:
-A project to construct a bunkhouse with water and septic on the Coeur d’Alene WMA has been bid and awarded to a Public Works Licensed Contractor. The contractor has started. The project is to be completed by June 2018.
No current Public Works Projects
Fort Boise Shop:
-A project to construct a shop building at the Fort Boise WMA headquarters is in the construction stage. Construction is complete.
Wilson Springs Ponds:
- A project to remove sediment by suction dredging method from Trophy Pond, North Pond, and South Pond. Seeding of all disturbed areas and temporary irrigation system to be installed by F&G Region by spring 2018.
- Raceway repairs. Work to rehabilitate all raceways at hatchery. Work includes dewatering, cleaning raceways, tilting upright 5 raceway walls, repair cracks, spall repair, and epoxy paint. Work is complete.
- Boating access site on the Snake River. The project is to replace concrete ramp, enlarge parking area by grading and placing gravel, place gravel on roads to site, install ADA parking pad adjacent to existing vault toilet, install new vault restroom at the north end of site, and install wire and cable fencing. Contract for remaining work has been awarded to Contractor. Anticipate construction by Contractor in March and April 2018.
-Project to install utilities for Camp Host site and improve camp spots. In process of obtaining utility easements and design. Anticipate hiring a contractor in early Spring 2018 for work.
Bugle Basin Barn (Andrus WMA):
- A project to address foundation issues is under construction.
Boise River WMA:
-Final stage of wildlife fencing along Hwy 21 near Lucky Peak Reservoir. Project to install deer crossing guard across Spring Shores Road, Install 5 wildlife jumpouts, and install woven wire on existing posts. Bid opening scheduled for February 28th. Anticipate work in spring and summer 2018.
- Construct shop/office building at WMA Headquarters. Project is currently being designed. Anticipate construction in spring/summer 2018.
MAGIC VALLEY REGION
Hagerman Hatchery Septic System:
- Project to replace sewage lagoon with pressurized subsurface septic system. Remaining work is to fill in lagoon upon it drying out, and reseed all disturbed areas. Anticipate completion in Spring 2018.
Hagerman Hatchery Cover:
-Project to install a structural cover over Tucker Raceways 1 through 8 is complete.
Hagerman Hatchery Residence:
-Project to replace old residence built in 1950 with new modular home. Bids currently being obtained for home. Anticipate hiring a contractor in to construct concrete foundation, install utilities, sidewalk, steps, and construct detached garage in Spring 2018. Will demolish old residence at the completion of new residence.
Hagerman Hatchery Raceway Repairs:
-Project to repair concrete raceways 1 through 16. Work includes power washing, crack repairs, spall repairs, concrete replacement, and epoxy painting. Bid have been opened. Pending approved contract, work anticipated to start in March 2018 and be complete in fall 2018.
Lava Point Ramp (Magic Res):
-Project to replace failing portion of concrete ramp and install boat docks. Currently being designed. Anticipate hiring Contractor in spring 2018, with work to take place during low water anticipated in fall 2018.
Hammett Boat Ramp:
-Project to install new concrete boat ramp, gravel parking area, and gravel roads. Project in design phase. Region working on permitting and county approvals. Anticipate construction in Fall 2018, possibly postponing till Fall 2019.
Grace Hatchery Spring Source:
- Project at spring source to remove vegetation and replace contaminated gravels with clean material. Anticipate work in Spring 2018.
Eagle Rock Boat Access site:
-Project to repair gravel road to site. Work includes excavation, grading, fill material, drain ditches, culvert, then placing and compacting surface gravel. TOPO survey has been complete. Design in progress. Region in process of obtaining easements for work on road from Idaho Dept. of Lands and Bureau of Reclamation. Anticipate construction in Summer 2018.
UPPER SNAKE REGION:
South Fork Teton Access:
-A project to construct a boat ramp and gravel parking area. Engineering plans are completed and permits have been obtained. Construction is on hold.
Tex Cr WMA:
-A project to construct (replace) approximately 8 mile of fence (lost during the 2016 fire) has been delayed until Spring of 2018.
-A project to plant approximately 140,000 sagebrush seedlings has been completed.
-Raceway Repairs on Small and Hole Raceways. Work includes crack repairs, spall repairs, concrete replacement and epoxy painting. Bid obtained. Anticipate construction by Contractor during hatchery’s work windows in late-summer and fall 2018.
-Project to clean out gravel spring source. Work includes removing vegetation, replacing contaminated gravels with new material, install perforated water collection pipe. Contactor hired with anticipated work in March 2018.
Bates Bridge Ramp:
-A project to construct a boat ramp and gravel parking area. Construction start scheduled for Spring 2018.
Mud Lake WMA Shop:
- A project to construct a new shop on the WMA is in the design stage. Anticipate contracting for this work spring of 2018.
Upper Salmon Basin Fish Habitat Improvements:
- The region is working with consultants to design and construct stream restoration projects throughout the Upper Salmon Basin.
Redfish Lake Creek Sockeye collection facility:
-A design/build contract has been signed. Design and permitting is completed. Construction has started. Construction of in stream work is complete. Upland work to be completed in spring 2018.