Cabinet Gorge Hatchery: A project to repair 50 of the 64 of the outside concrete raceways (concrete repair) has been bid. This is a FY17 funded project scheduled for summer of 2017. A Public Works Licensed Contractor will begin work in June.
Gene Day Pond Phase 2: A project to complete the fishing pond in Osburn, Id has been bid and awarded. The project is to be completed by June 30, 2017.
CDA WMA Bunkhouse: A project to construct a bunkhouse with water and septic on the Coeur d’Alene WMA is in the bidding phase. The project is to be completed by September 2017.
Myrtle Building: A project to demolish and haul away the existing two story building has been completed by the Engineering Bureau Construction Crew.
Winchester Dam: Repair of sink hole and siphon. The failed siphon piping was replaced and is now functional which gives IDFG the ability to control the water surface of the reservoir. Work on the sink hole repair has been completed. The radial outlet gate was replaced in March.
Black Sands Boat Ramp: A project to replace a concrete boat ramp, install boat docks with concrete abutments, construct ADA parking pad, and a pad for an ADA porta-potty. Owyhee County is funding the project and has hired a contractor for construction. Work is complete.
MK Nature Center: A project to do a minor repair on the pressure irrigation system has been awarded to a local contractor. Construction anticipated for middle of May 2017.
MK Nature Center: A project to add 588 square feet on to the existing Visitor Center has been bid. Bids will be evaluated and a recommendation to award will be decided by May 12th.
Southwest Regional Office: IDFG is working with several entities to acquire a lease contract for a new Regional Office Complex near the Garrity Interchange in Canyon County. Currently identifying the programming needs for this new facility.
Fort Boise Shop: A project to construct a shop building at the Fort Boise WMA headquarters is in the construction stage. Construction is 95% complete but completion has been delayed by high river/ground water conditions. Construction will be completed by the end of June 2017.
Wilson Springs Ponds: A project to remove sediment by suction dredging method from Trophy Pond, North Pond, and South Pond. Actual dredging of ponds is complete. Work to finish is restore settling basin upon its drying, repair pathway, seeding disturbed areas, and other miscellaneous punch list items. Anticipate final completion in early-June 2017.
Montour WMA Water Control: A project to replace two existing water control structures at the Montour WMA. IDFG crew has completed 50% of the project but had to stop due to high river conditions.
- Project to install sump, submersible pump, and piping for backup water to A-Ponds. Construction is complete.
- Raceway repairs. Work to rehabilitate all raceways at hatchery. Work includes tilting upright 5 raceway walls, repair cracks, spall repair, and epoxy paint. Project out for bids with bid opening on May 16, 2017. Due to multiple work windows, anticipate completion of all work by Spring 2018.
Map Rock: Boating access site on the Snake River. The project is to replace concrete ramp, enlarge parking area by grading and placing gravel, place gravel on roads to site, install ADA parking pad adjacent to existing vault toilet, install new vault restroom at the north end of site, and install wire and cable fencing. Design is complete. Grant approval and permits are pending. Anticipate construction by F&G crew in fall of 2017.
Bent Lane: A project to construct a gravel parking area with boulder traffic control has been completed by the IDFG Engineering Crew.
Bugle Basin Barn (Andrus WMA): A project to address foundation issues is in the design stage.
Roberts Access: A project to improve the failing end of the boat ramp at Roberts Access is in the design phase. Construction by the F&G crew is planned for FY17.
MAGIC VALLEY REGION
Hagerman Hatchery Septic System: Project to replace sewage lagoon with pressurized subsurface septic system. Permit has been received from local Health District. Project is advertised for bids, with bid opening on May 9, 2017. Anticipate construction in summer 2017.
Mormon Reservoir: Project to add (6) floating docks, replace outhouse and construct an ADA compliant sidewalk has been designed and approved. IDFG crew has built the docks and gangway. Anticipated site construction/installation by the IDFG Engineering Crew to start in August.
Hagerman Hatchery Covers: Project to install a structural cover over Tucker Raceways 1 through 8 is in the bidding phase. The project includes some raceway repair and installing covers over the Tucker Springs inlet area. Construction planned for FY17.
Lava Point Ramp (Magic Res): Project to improve the failing concrete ramp at Lava Point is in the design stage. Construction by the IDFG Engineering Crew is scheduled for August of 2017.
American Falls Hatchery:
- Project to purchase a pre-fab modular home, construct foundations, and install all utilities for the residence. This includes constructing a garage to be used by occupants. Vendor for purchase of modular home has been chosen. IDFG Engineering crew scheduled to build foundation and perform utility work starting mid-May. Anticipate delivery of home in late-June 2017.
- Garage for residence will be constructed by contractor after residence is complete. Anticipate construction of garage in summer of 2017.
UPPER SNAKE REGION:
South Fork Teton Access: A project to construct a boat ramp and gravel parking area. Engineering plans are completed and permits have been obtained. Construction is on hold.
Tex Cr WMA: Project to construct foundations and assemble kit for a 50’ x 100’ open sided building for parking equipment out of the weather. Concrete foundations are complete. Erecting of steel building anticipated for late-May.
Tex Cr WMA: A project to construct (replace) approximately 8 mile of fence (lost during the 2016 fire) is in the bid process. Construction is anticipated for June/July 2017.
- Project to purchase pre-fab modular home, construct foundation, construct septic system, and install all utilities for the residence. Vendor has been selected for purchase of modular home. IDFG Engineering crew scheduled to build foundation and perform utility work starting in June 2017. Anticipate delivery of home in early-August 2017.
- Garage for residence. Contractor to build garage anticipated to begin in mid-May 2017 with anticipated completion in June.
- Raceway repairs. Work to rehabilitate all raceways at hatchery. Work includes repair cracks, spall repair, replace wall sections, and epoxy paint. Project out for bids with bid opening on May 23, 2017. Due to multiple work windows, anticipate completion of all work by Spring 2018.
Bates Bridge Ramp: A project to construct a boat ramp and gravel parking area. Project is in the design stage. Construction scheduled for August 2017.
Market Lake WMA Shop: A project to construct an addition to the Market Lake WMA Shop is in the design/bid phase. Construction is scheduled for June 2017.
Upper Salmon Basin Fish Habitat Improvements: The region is working with consultants to design and construct stream restoration projects throughout the Upper Salmon Basin.
Redfish Lake Creek Sockeye collection facility: A design/build contract has been signed. Design and permitting is on-going. Construction planned for June-Oct, 2017.