Idaho Fish and Game seeks caretakers for two facilities within the Craig Mountain Wildlife Management Area.
1. For the Wapshilla Ranch administrative facility along the Lower Salmon River (remote field location, approximately 65 miles south of Lewiston).
2. For the Billy Creek Ranch administrative facility along the Lower Snake River (approximately 25 miles south of Lewiston).
Responsibilities and duties vary seasonally; primary responsibilities are maintenance and upkeep of the historic ranch houses, surrounding facilities, and grounds including maintenance of a garden and orchard as well as tools and other miscellaneous equipment. The volunteer must be willing to spray noxious weeds using backpack or ATV sprayer in and around the ranch area facilities and serve as an Idaho Department of Fish and Game liaison interacting with the public, other visitors, and the IDFG regional office. Both positions are in remote field locations, requiring person(s) to work without daily supervision. Applicants need to be highly self-motivated, independent and good communicators as well as have the basic skills to function effectively, efficiently and safely in a remote environment. If you are healthy, outgoing and adventurous, this is a great unique opportunity for you!
- Must be comfortable living and working in a remote location
- General carpentry skills
- Experience with facility and grounds maintenance
- Professional pesticide applicators license preferred (or willingness to possess)
- Back country skills
- Experience with hand tools, power tools, small and heavy machinery, general farm and garden equipment, fencing and irrigation applications
- Vegetation identification skills
- Good communicator
- Ability to handle and overcome emergency situations in a timely, and collected manner
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism while acting as a liaison between the department and public
- Highly independent
$390.00 per mo. grocery stipend
To apply please send resume and three references (with contact information) to:
Senior Wildlife Technician, Craig Mountain
Idaho Department of Fish and Game
3316 16th St Lewiston, ID 83501