Black's Creek Public Shooting Range
Black's Creek Public Shooting Range (BCR) is the largest and most visited range in Idaho, providing a safe place to shoot for more than 7,000 hunters and sport shooters each year.
BCR is one of only three Idaho shooting ranges owned by the Idaho Department of Fish and Game. The non-profit shooting club, the EE-DA-HOW Long Rifles, Inc. is responsible for day to day management of BCR.
This month at BCR
May is a busy month at the range with a number of organized shoots (guest shooters always welcome) as well as public shooting opportunities. Specific events are listed elsewhere on this page.
BCR days/hours of operation are:
Monday 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Tuesday, Wednesday - Closed
Thursday - 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Friday - 10:00 am to 8:00 pm
Saturday - 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Sunday - 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Note that the main range is closed on Saturday, May 27th for a Black Powder Cartridge Rifle Silhouette match (new shooters and spectators always welcome).
The main range is closed on Sunday, May 28th for long-range shooting by the public on the 500-meter range. See below.
Coming this month - Long-range public shooting at BCR!
The 500-meter range will be open for public use on Sunday, May 28 from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. Gong targets will be used at marked distances of 200, 300, 385 and 500 meters. Hollow point, soft point or cast bullets only.
Things to know:
- A full-time Range Manager lives on site at BCR.
- The main range at BCR is open to public shooting four to five days each week depending on the time of year.
- This range accomodates shooting distances from 15 to 200 yards.
- There are no restrictions on the number of firearms a person may use on the range during a shooting session.
- Both the range and the on-site restrooms are accessible to physically-challenged shooters.
- See an aerial view of the facilities at Black's Creek.
Events and Alerts
- See the list of events for specialized shooting opportunities.
- Please call the range line for any unlisted range closures. Listen to the recorded message at (208) 342-9614.
- Check the Black's Creek website for further contact information and a calendar of events.
Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 3:04 PM MDT
Tuesday, May 2, 2017 - 9:00 AM MDT
Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 1:58 PM MDT